And then there was dessert...
I've been saving two little jars of homemade salted caramel rum sauce for the next time I made bread pudding.
That would be today.
Those two yummy jars of goodness came all the way from Madame Samm and seriously, this stuff could be eaten by the spoonful all by itself! It definitely was a decadent treat drizzled over the top.
I hope you've all had a great day!
P.S. Just in case you want the recipe for making bread pudding in muffin tins, here it is:
B.A.R. BREAD PUDDING
Makes 12 large muffin-size
· 7 eggs
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 2 cups half and half or cream
· 1 teaspoon vanilla (or almond) flavoring
· 1 to 2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pour egg mixture over:
· 8 cups stale/dry bread, cubed (use a variety of bread types like wheat, rye, challis, white, raisin bread, but make sure to include 2 croissants)
· 2 apples chopped (peeled or unpeeled)
· 1/2 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
· ½ - 1 cup raisins
· 1/2 cup large dark chocolate pieces (optional, but it makes it so good)
Mix all together in big bowl (use your hands or a big spoon to toss it around.) Don't let it get soggy.
Pour into greased large muffin tins.
Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes; turn heat up to 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes to make the top crust crispy.