Oh my! What fabulous paper piecing patterns these two came up with for this blog hop!
I LOVE to paper piece, so this was a wonderful treat for me. My quilt has 11" finished blocks and is made with "2wenty Thr3e" fabric by Cosmo Cricket. The pattern (with a few changes like adding the paper pieced blocks) came from the book "Happy Hour" by Atkinson Designs.
I LOVED how it was beautifully stitched by Quilted Works.
My hubby and I took a road trip to find a nice spot to take a photo of my quilt. We ended up at the Gunlock Reservoir in Gunlock, Utah. It was a great trip and I LOVED spending time with my hubby!
You can skip all this if you want to, but here's some interesting trivia about Gunlock: The town of Gunlock was named after William Haynes "Gunlock" Hamblin who was born Oct. 28, 1830, and was married to Mary A. and Betsy Leavitt. He died on May 8, 1872, in Nevada from poison given to him so he couldn't testify concerning a silver mine he had discovered and was selling. He was the father of 17 children, and was given the nickname "Gunlock" by George A. Smith, for whom he drove a wagon across the plains and worked for him as a gunsmith. He got his fame for his great marksmanship. At 50 paces, he shot the bottom from a pipe bowl without touching the rim. He won a $50.00 bet.
I fell in LOVE with the heart and arrow, so I made a nice little Valentine pillow using it.
I LOVE GIVEAWAYS!
I picked up a $20 gift certificate from Quilt Taffy for some lucky winner...
- Leave a comment...short and sweet works for me!
- It can be mailed anywhere...yes, even to the other side of the world.
- You don't have to be a follower to play along.
- Giveaway ends at 5 p.m. PST on February 19th. Entries after 5 p.m. PST on February 19th will not be included in the giveaway.
- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: If you aren't sure whether or not you are a no reply blogger, LEAVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS...pretty please! You can't win if I can't contact you!
Hopefully, you didn't nod off with all this little history and giveaway stuff, because thereare lots more places you will LOVE to visit today to get some Hugs and Kisses inspiration.